Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
A new advanced technology in regenerative medicine utilizes the patient’s own platelets rich plasma (PRP) which can repair and rejuvenate without drugs or medications.
Dr Georghy has been using PRP since 2004. In April 2013 the clinic was equipped with the latest technology platelets separation unit, called ‘ANGEL’. Angel is a fully automated and closed loop system (minimal risk for cross-infection). Angel is the only FDA approved medical device”. The patented process of Cytomedex (Angel) renders the highest platelet counts and biologically active growth factors, such as: PDGF, TGF & VEGF, etc.
How does PRP therapy help?
- The body’s first response to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells
- Packed with growth and healing factors, platelets initiate repair and attract the critical assistance of stem cells
- PRP therapy’s natural healing process intensifies the body’s efforts by delivering a higher concentration of platelets
- To create PRP therapy, a small sample of your blood is drawn (similar to a lab test sample) and placed in a centrifuge that spins the blood at high speeds, separating the platelets from the other components
- The concentrated platelet rich plasma (PRP) is then injected into and around the point of injury, jump-starting and significantly strengthening the body’s natural healing signal
- Because your own blood is used, there is no risk of a transmissible infection and a very low risk of allergic reaction
The PRP therapy may be beneficial for:
- Aging skin: On the neck, around the eyes, backs of hands and arms, décolletage & chests; other body skin areas
- In combination with fat transfer, dermal fillers and muscle relaxant (anti-wrinkle therapy)
- PRP ‘FaceLift’ (fat is harvested from wherever the patients have the extra pocket of fat that they want to get rid of; the fat is taken out from the body, processed, mixed with PRP, concentrate it and injected back; instead of fat, the above procedure can also be done with macromolecular dermal fillers).
- Musculoskeletal disorders (Osteoarthritis, Tennis and Golf Elbow, Frozen Shoulder, Back Pain, Tendinitis, etc.)
- In conjunction with orthopaedic surgery (knee surgery, tendon repair etc.) or any surgery.
- Sport Injuries: Tissue, tendons, etc.
- Acne scars; Scar revision
- Stretch marks: Post pregnancy, after weight loss or weight gain
- Resilient (slow to heal) ulcers; Venous ulcers
- Hair Growth - stimulation by itself or in conjunction with hair transplant
- Dental procedures which may need improved healing (gum problems)
- After surgical procedures: Faster haling
- Muscle Design (research pending)
How we differ at North Shore Cosmetic? For superior and lasting result the patients are offered:
- Low Level Laser Stimulation Therapy (LLLrST): All patients after PRP are immediately treated with LLLrST.
- PhotoDynamic HyperThermia (HelioTherm, HydroSun – Water-Filtered Infrared Light & Heat Therapy).
- WishPro – Low Field Electromagnetic Therapy
‘Angel’ is a fully automated, closed loop system and the risk for cross-infection is extremely remote. It is the first FDA approved PRP device on the market.
Steps outlined as follows;
- Taking blood
- Angel System
- PRP seperation
- Planning the procedure
- Immediately after Micro-needling
- Mask application